Top 5 Joomla Shopping Carts
Do you want to start an online store? This guide will walk you through 4 of the best Joomla e-commerce extensions currently available.
HikaShop is an e-commerce solution for Joomla ! Built for simplicity and flexibility.
CMS COMPARISON: WORDPRESS, DRUPAL, AND JOOMLA
WordPress, Joomla and Drupal are open-source software, each developed and maintained by a community of thousands.
The CMS comparison chart below gives a summary of what each CMS has to offer. The following comparison chart can help guide beginners in choosing the best platform for their needs.
Image Source: @torquemag
Happy 10th Birthday Joomla!
On August 17 Joomla! will turn ten. 10 Years Together as a community, as contributors and as friends. For this special occasion co-founder, Brian Teeman, has created a website to celebrate 10 Years Together. As a community we’re selling unique and time-limited shirts.
10 Years, it’s quite an amazing achievement. Joomla! began on August 17, 2005 when a group of 17 young “fools” from across the globe took a big, bold step. If you want the read the whole story, please visit .
10 years later we are a community with over 200 user groups across the globe. We work together as a 100% volunteer effort of thousands of tireless contributors. And all this as friends who can achieve amazing things together.
JOOMLA! 3.4.3 RELEASED
Joomla 3.4.3 is now available. This is a maintenance release for the Joomla 3 series. We strongly encourage you update your sites.
Version 3.4.3 addresses a few issues:
- The renaming of the ClassLoader.php file to classloader.php caused issues which in some isolated cases even broke the CMS.
- When creating menus of type Smart Search or contact list for 3.4.2 invalid field warnings were displayed when trying to save.
- The option to disable the count-join in JCategories is permanently enabled on multilingual sites, making extensions that don't use this feature and for example don't have a catid field in their table, fail.
- Module, Article and Category creation applies a wrong default values for the access level. Instead of the one from the global configuration it just takes none, and thus the first in the list is selected (Guest).
- The batch model cut the dropdown so you can’t access all items there
- On the batch model we had some kind of scrollbar flashing